Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Serve in the Newness of the Spirit

Romans 7:6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.

now we have been delivered from the law, my spouse named Law died when I introduced him to JESUS, so I married JESUS.

And now I'm no longer married to Law, who no matter how hard I tried, I could not satisfy, I was always falling short, never really feeling loved or desired, just hammered and corrected.

In all honesty Law's death was not a disappointment and I married JESUS on the same day.

It's interesting because my new marriage actually has a greater demand on me then Law every did. But now I serve for loves sake and I enjoy it so much more, I want to please JESUS and I never felt that way about Law.

Now I serve with a newness of Spirit. I don't serve the letter of Law but JESUS through His Spirit placed in my heart. It's such a better relationship.


click here For more One Way Devotions
A Ministry from calvarychapeldallas.org

No comments: