Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Law Is Not the Standard for Righteousness

Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, "You shall not covet."

Law in itself is not sin, Law simply showed what was sin and what the requirement was. Without law I would of never known I was wrong. The problem was it pointed out my wrong rather then encouraging me towards righteousness.

The law was good in showing us our need for a savior, but law was not and should not be the standard of righteousness. When law is used as a standard of righteousness we'll all be miserable.


click here For more One Way Devotions
A Ministry from calvarychapeldallas.org

No comments: