Sunday, September 21, 2008

Walk In Newness of Life

Romans 6:4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life

we also should walk in newness of life. People read Romans chapter 5, and discover that Christ died for their sins, and receive Him into their hearts and all; but fail to take up the words of Romans chapter 6 and discover the life of a justified believer. THEY OFTEN WANT TO STAY IN CH.5 THINKING THEY DON'T HAVE TO MOVE INTO CH.6 AND BE RESPONSIBLE OR ACCOUNTABLE.

They want salvation, but not new life. It is impossible to have salvation without new life.They want resurrection from the dead without dying. The living doesn’t get resurrected only the dead do.

Sometimes people will ask, do I believe in Lordship salvation, I’m not sure what the phrase means but if JESUS is not LORD, which in the Bible HE is, then can a JESUS who is not Lord save?

Having JESUS as Lord is one of the best parts of living the Christian life. I’m not left on my own to figure out how to live my life. I have JESUS as my LORD I simple need to figure out what HE as my LORD wants me to do.

click here For more One Way Devotions
A Ministry from calvarychapeldallas.org

No comments: