Saturday, September 20, 2008

Babtized Into Christ

Romans 6:3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?

I would bet many proclaiming Christians do NOT KNOW that. Satan doesn’t want us to know the whole truth; he only wants us to know bits & pieces. So we’ll miss out on the life JESUS has for us.
Baptized into Christ Jesus or in other places it reads the name of JESUS means being joined together with all that JESUS offers. NOT JUST THE PARTS A PERSON MAY LIKE.

Baptized into His death seems to be a missing link in the gospel of today. But it’s a wonderful part of Christianity. You see, dead to me means I can be alive to HIM; alive to me means I quench or die to HIM.

In Galatians Paul talks more abou this. Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

In the Gospel of Luke, Luke tells us in Luke9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

When we are baptized, symbolically it means the old me that went under died and the new me was born again in JESUS. In order to be born again I have to die to self.


click here For more One Way Devotions
A Ministry from calvarychapeldallas.org

No comments: