Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We Must Die to the Flesh

Romans 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.

Oh how wise is the person who comes to this correct conclusion. I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells;When a person will recognize they must die to the flesh it can be very hard, but when they understand nothing good will come from the flesh it makes dieing to the flesh easier. We should have no confidence in or flesh; at it's best we'll fail.

I may have a want to do well, but I don't stay with it, my performance has proven this.
Paul is speaking personally here many don’t even have the want.

click here To listen to an entire sermon of this passage.
click here For more One Way Devotions
A Ministry from calvarychapeldallas.org

No comments: