Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Our Hope Is In the Glory of God

Romans 5:1-2 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Romans Chapter 5 Paul tells us the blessings that come with justification by faith.
Blessings that I believe GOD wants us all to experience. As well as some difficulties that come with being a Christian.

Remember "Justified" means "just as if I never did it." The 1st result of justification by faith is peace with God. My slate is clean there is no record of my wrongs. God chooses to remember them NO MORE.

If justification depended on my works, some days I’d have peace and some days I would not, it would depend on my performance. There seems to be an inconsistency at times between my Christianity and my walk. I do not always do those things that are pleasing to GOD. I cannot say with Jesus “I do always those things that please the father,” I wish could but in all honesty I can't. Sometimes my works are really good other times they’re not.

Since my justification is dependant upon my faith in JESUS and HIS perfect works, not my imperfect works. I have peace and vs. 2 I also have access into GOD'S grace meaning I’ll get what I don't deserve or I’ll get that that GOD has for me.

Knowing this causes me to experience more blessings. I rejoice because my hope is in the glory of God or in the purposes of GOD. NOT MY ABILITY or LACK OF ABILITY. What a wonderful thing for GOD to do.


click here For more One Way Devotions
A Ministry from calvarychapeldallas.org

No comments: